The small business in 2021 is facing a plethora of challenges thanks to the unprecedented times that we are inhabiting. Before we leap headfirst into a discussion about the use of crucial resources likesmall business CRM, let us understand and break down these problems or challenges, as we like to call them:
- The pandemic is one of the foremost challenges in front of small businesses in 2020-21. In the beginning of this year, we were faced with a sudden lock down the world over thanks to the sudden and rapid spread of the Covid 19 virus. This virus led to a lock down which set businesses back several paces. Many small businesses suffered since the shutter had to be dropped on many of them. What we have to remember here is that small businesses have a small and mostly local patronage that ends up getting affected during such time. The revenue from this small patronage is what keeps the rolling expenses going, which is what has forced these small businesses to go out of business.
- Big data is another major problem that businesses have been facing, especially since the last decade and more particularly this year, as more and more businesses are trying to move online. With more and more businesses realizing the beauty of social media thanks to the variety of audience and the fact that it is far more easier and less expensive to reach out to your ideal audience, there is a strong sense of competition. Also, tapping into the preferences of your customers and building relationships that would engage them enough for a conversion would involve making sense of the oceans of big data available on them. This would require automation with the help of CRM for small business.
- This brings us directly to the ever present issue of resources. Scarce resources are another major challenge that has always afflicted small businesses. Small businesses need to make the most of even the most scarce resources so that growth can come at a lesser cost. Only when growth happens at a low cost can it be considered as growth – until such time, it will only go towards helping the business just about break even. Thanks to the digital age, all of the above challenges and this one too can be met with a tool like the best CRM for small business, which effectively leads to a small investment for bigger output.
Before we go any further, we should understand that we have established the fact that we have understood what CRM for small business does and how it can help small business on their growth journey. CRM or customer relationship management is a system, a process or a platform. This helps in doing the following:
Organization of Data
managing data and make sense of it is what a CRM for small businessdoes. This helps in finding and filtering the right data into the right fields that can be called up for the right functions at the right time. This would lead to a more organized front and back end without wasting time, energy and money on the same. This is due to the fact that one does not have to carry out all these tasks in a manual manner.
Better Team Collaboration
In a small business, a small team needs to work well so as to show big results. With the best CRM for small business, this can easily be achieved since the sales funnel would be organized with the roles and functions within the CRM framework. This would bring about better collaboration between all the team members since the tasks, and the related data and actions would be well defined and coordinated with automated functions.
More Revenue and Less Expenditure
The small business CRM would allow you to spend less and make more since you would not need all the additional resources and team members for lengthy manual work. The automated system would be an investment that would give you much higher returns than a team of people with high salaries. As when you are relying on a Local Loan Provider for investing in your small business, you should use a good business-handling-solution too.
Here are the factors that you would have to consider in order to make the right choice and choose the best CRM for small business in the year 2020 with all of its challenges and opportunities:
- Integrations: This is one of the foremost things that your small business CRMwould have to do in order to give you good returns. You should be able to integrate the CRM system with your various other tools including email and social media amongst various other things so that there is a wholesome effort and no duplication of information and tasks.
- Consider a Cloud Based System: The small business CRM does not need to be an expensive one. You can choose a cloud based system that eliminates the cost of a serves and hosting charges. This would be less expensive than an on premise CRM system. Also, it would give more access to all team members without any complicated steps.
- Flexibility to Customize: The best thing about a small business CRMis the fact that you can customize it to suit the unique needs of your business and the unique goals that you have set for the same. In keeping with this, the CRM system should be one that you can customize. This would help you capture the exact information that you need in the exact fields so that you can use them at the right time for the right customer. This would also give you the leeway to personalize the way you service each customer, and hence help you increase your brand standing and your revenue.
- Expenses: Try to get yourself a free plan but be sure to choose a platform that will help you easily upgrade to an enterprise level plan once you are growing and your needs grow as well. The small business CRM should help you keep the expenses to a minimum.
What do you say?